When a startup SaaS client in the automotive industry suddenly hit the accelerator, they knew they’d have to hit the brakes almost as quickly if their finance team couldn’t scale. They needed a clear rearview mirror to show them where they’ve been, a dashboard to help them monitor performance, and a clear windshield to see where they were headed. They engaged Growth Operators to provide all three.
Two of our “Growth Operators” jumped into action as the company’s part-time Controller and Director of Finance, and:
- Created and implemented accounting policies and procedures.
- Developed an efficient month end close process
- Implemented automated revenue cycle management and expense cycle management processes
- Created metrics, custom reports and analytics for a team that grew from 10 employees to over 100
- Built accounting functions for two new affiliated entities
- Worked with the company to onboard and train their own four-person accounting team to enable the business to scale from 10 employees to over 100
Another “Growth Operator” jumped on our engagement team to provide FP&A advisory services
- Worked shoulder-to-shoulder with the management team to build the company’s strategic plan
- Created five-year financial projections and a long-term capital formation strategy
Instead of hitting the brakes, the company put the pedal to the metal.
Our Growth Operators team gave the company the rearview mirror it needed to understand historical performance with clarity. The metrics, analyses and reports we built for their rapidly growing team served as the “dashboard” that enabled them to rev the engine with confidence. And our FP&A Advisory Services cleared the windshield, allowing management of the company to see where the company could go.
Board for nonprofit seeks fresh start for HR department after turnover.
Supporting the vision of a groundbreaking glaucoma device company with CFO expertise